Thursday, September 23, 2010

eReader Pouches

I've decided on a new pattern to design this weekend, finally! I've seen quite a few super kawaii iPad holders and Macbook sleeves, but I've hardly seen any for eReaders, which is shocking considering how popular eReaders have become this year. I need to get in on the eReader craze and supply some cute things before they become really wide spread on Etsy.


I'm going to look into some heavier interface or perhaps some quilting batting to make something really squishy and protective. I'll also research some measurements. I figure I will supply pouches that are made specifically for the Nook and the Kindle, which I believe are nearly the same size anyway. Are they are other really big eReader names that I should include, or are those two brands pretty much the sole names in the market?

As soon as I get some of the really cute fabric I ordered, I will start. I believe I'll be receiving my super cute umbrella fabric in due time so maybe I'll start with that. :)

In other news I'm feeling slightly icky, so I will take it easy until I gain my strength back, craft a lot and stay in. I miss working out, but something tells me that if I'm feeling so tired that climbing four stories of stairs gets me winded, I probably shouldn't try my Jillian Michaels tapes until I recover or I might keel over! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Gaius Julius Caesar AugustusSeptember 23, 2010 at 4:14 PM

    Rome awaits your quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I think Kindles and Nooks can share most pouches, so that shouldn't be an issue. And the pouch selection is slim, so it might be a good idea. I hope they well well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Their dimensions in width (which is what I was concerned with most, because it determines what zippers I need to buy) are super similar, so they can definitely share pouches. I'd probably need an 8 inch zipper, which, unfortunately, they don't really seem to MAKE, so I'll have to shorten a 9 inch zipper. (:

    Kindle: 7 1/2” x 5”
    Nook: 7.7 x 4.9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea on making items that are hard to find, you've done your research!

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics