Sunday, July 18, 2010

Piggy bank



I really adore piggy banks, but I never had one as a child. When I was young, I lived in Queens, NY, and the custom there was to have a big 10 gallon jug that you threw change into. I loved to tip it over and count the money over and over when I was bored. I was kind of a weird kid. I also liked to put slices of cheese on the radiator and watch it get hard in the winter when the heat was on - that should paint you an illustration of the kind of kid I was.

I bought my first piggy bank a few months ago. It was a total steal - it was only a dollar at, you guessed it, Dollar Tree! It's super cute. I've been saving diligently and within only a few months, I managed to save up...............

*drum roll*





$24.06

Not bad, huh? Let's hope I can keep up this saving momentum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics